Date: 5/3/24 6:31 pm
From: Fred Bouchard <frederickbouchard...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Barred Owl, Belmont Center, 8:40pm, 5/3/24
Birders:
We got out of the car at 8:40 pm to hear a Barred Owl lustily calling
the eight-hoot three times 50 yards away at the corner of Farnham & Cross
Streets.
When I shed my bags and came back out,
the owl called once more, from likely 100 yards away, at Cross and Winn.
That's the third species of owl I've noted since October from our house.
(Last week 30 Cedar Waxwings were next door dining on maple blossoms.)
Town of trees, indeed!
Fred B
--
<frederickbouchard...>
78 farnham st

'One ought, every day, to hear a little song, read a good poem, sip a tasty
wine,
see a fine picture, and if possible, to speak a few reasonable words.'
— Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
(1749-1836)

Instructions for living a life:

*Pay attention.Be astonished.Tell about it.*
--- Mary Oliver (1935-2023)

Join us on Facebook!