Date: 5/3/24 3:11 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Adams Farm - Athol MA (02 May 2024) 118 Raptors

Date: Fri, 3 May 2024 16:50:35 +0000
From: <reports...>
Subject: Adams Farm - Athol MA (02 May 2024) 118 Raptors

Merlin 4 4 18
Peregrine Falcon 1 1 2
Unknown Accipiter 0 0 6
Unknown Buteo 0 0 7
Unknown Falcon 0 0 4
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 3 3 52

Total: 118 118 2709

Observation start time: 09:00:00 Observation end time: 14:00:00 Total
observation time: 5 hours

Official Counter: Eric Mueller, Mark Morris

Observers: Eric Mueller, Jeff Johnstone, Mark Morris, Steve Farrell,
Ted Purcell

Weather:
A murky start with heavy fog dissipating slowly mid morning with temps
between 50-74’F. Winds were light from the west 5-10 mph with visibility
impaired initially.

Raptor Observations:
Solid day from multiple groups including Osprey, Sharpies, and Falcons. The
Peregrine passed alongside a Kestrel and a Sharpie!

TV-8, OS-3, BE-5, BW-4, RT-4, AK-1

Non-raptor Observations:
Other Birds Observed: D.C.Cormorant-1, G.B.Heron-1, Raven-9, A.Crow-3, Fish
Crow-1, B.Jay-4, A.Robin-2, R.B.Woodpecker-2, W.B.Nut.-1, N.Cardinal-1,
A.Goldfinch-5, P.Siskin-1, W.T.Sparrow-1, Song Sparrow-2, Chipping
Sparrow-15, Rose Breasted Grosbeak-2, H.Sparrow-12, Starling-70+/-,
B.Oriole-1, Tree Swallow-20+/-

Predictions:
We have more up and down spring weather ahead, but not a lot in the way of
precipitation so we hope to get more passing migrants the next few days.
Report submitted by Mark Morris (<MDMRemodeling...>)
Adams Farm - Athol MA information may be found at:
https://massbird.org/emhw/

More site information at hawkcount.org:
https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=953

Join us on Facebook!