Date: 5/3/24 2:54 pm
From: Ryan Shackleton <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Cedar River today

Took my kayak down the Cedar today from Floyd to Charles City. Water level high but still easy going, no overly fast current. Spotted several sandpiper species that I couldn't quite nail down, a few green herons(first of the season) a first of year oriole and plenty of less noteworthy species.

Also found another eagle nest along the route, that makes 3 eagle nests on this short run, with at least two being used.

Most interestingly, I had a bat flying around about 40 feet above the river-at noon! Never seen that before.

Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista, IA
Chickasaw County

--
Post by sending an email to <ia-bird...>
IOU Code of Birding Ethics - https://iowabirds.org/Pages.aspx?pg=6
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/<1703750776.51925823.1714773269419.JavaMail.zimbra...>

Join us on Facebook!