Date: 5/3/24 8:02 am
From: lcarrigan_55 via groups.io <carriganbw...>
Subject: [IBLE] House Wren
Some sunshine, after scattered snow (melted rapidly) & rain most of the night, allowed for a walk around the place starting about an hour ago. Found my first House Wren of the season singing from a cottonwood perch.

Then, heard drumming on our metal home sign along the lane. Thought it sounded "softer" than the usual flicker pounding on our wood stove pipe cover. Surprised to see a Red-naped Sapsucker just drumming away!

Now, waiting for the Black-headed Grosbeaks to appear.

Brian Carrigan
Blackfoot