Date: 4/30/24 9:57 pm
From: kirby flanaganfotos.com <kirby...>
Subject: Re: [KlamathBasinBirdNews] Clarks and Western Grebes, Lower end of Upper Klamath Lake.
Great news Howard. Thanks for sharing.

Kirby

________________________________
From: <klamathbasinbirdnews...> <klamathbasinbirdnews...> on behalf of <rriparia...> <rriparia...>
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2024 8:46:48 PM
To: Howard West <howardoutwest...>; Klamath Basin Bird News <klamathbasinbirdnews...>

Wow, that's a big number Howard.
I was along the Wingwatchers Trail today, and scanned out over Lake Ewauna. It was not a complete scan. I counted 265 plus the 10 Clark's and 10 Western Grebes that I specifically recognized. So, close to 300 also for that location. I also saw some "rushing" by a threesome. I was just watching for a short time and saw that. With nearly 300 there's probably always a pair or two ready to run atop the water. I saw some other courthship behavior such as "mirroring", but not sure if that's the correct terminology.
Should be good viewing when the weather warms up.

Kevin Spencer