Date: 4/30/24 9:46 am
From: Joel Barrett via groups.io <joelbsalty...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Island Scrub-Jay Pelagic May 30th
Hi Birders,

*

*********************
Oxnard Scrub Jay Trip
*********************

Thursday, May 30, 2024 at 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM

*
*

Since the previously scheduled Island Scrub-Jay trip was canceled due to weather, we have found a date and rescheduled the trip. Island Packers has a very full schedule so we are lucky to get this trip on the books. It will be running on a Thursday as weekend boats are already booked for the season. This will be a new trip so if you signed up previously you will need to book this trip again if you are interested. The date and location is above. Price is $130. Note this trip leaves from Channel Islands Harbor in Oxnard (about 10 mins from Ventura Harbor) and will be on the vessel Vanguard.

*
*

On this trip we will plan to stop off at Scorpion Ranch on Santa Cruz Island to view the endemic Island Scrub-Jay. After that we will spend the rest of the day at sea. We will decide our route for the day after considering the day's weather and recent bird activity. The day may include a visit south of the Islands and/or a cruise along the coast of Anacapa Island

*
*

Here is a quick link to the Island Packers website that will get you a few clicks away from the booking page:

*
*

https://islandpackers.com/book-wildlife/ ( https://islandpackers.com/book-wildlife/ )

*
*

I’m looking forward to some pelagic birding, I hope you can join us.

*
*

Joel Barrett

Ventura, Ca