Date: 4/29/24 7:47 pm
From: England via groups.io <wdchkgsqrl...>
Subject: [SJBirds] SJ Audubon MAY FIELD TRIPS AND ANNUAL PICNIC
*INTRODUCTORY BIRDING @ LODI LAKE*
MAY 4 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM (SATURDAY)
Join leader Pat Paternostro at the north end of Laurel Ave. in Lodi (on the east side of Lodi Lake Park, off of Turner Rd.) at 8:00 AM. Birders of all skill levels are welcome, but the focus will be on birding fundamentals. Extra binoculars and field guides will be available.

*COSUMNES RIVER WALK*
MAY 11 @ 6:00 AM - 11:00 (SATURDAY)
Join leader Jim Rowoth for the monthly River Walk bird count through the varied habitats of the CRP. Meet Jim at the visitor center on Franklin Blvd at 7:00 AM.

*MONTHLY CENSUS @ FISH HATCHERY*
MAY 18 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM AM (SATURDAY)
Join leaders Joanne Katanic and Liz West for our monthly census of this lovely riparian area on the Mokelumne River below Camanche Dam. Meet the leaders in the fish hatchery parking lot below the dam at 8:00 AM.

*ANNUAL PICNIC AND BIRDING @ BLACK HOLE*
MAY 19 @ 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM (SUNDAY)
San Joaquin Audubon Society will hold its Annual Chapter Picnic at Black Hole on Saturday, May 19 2024. All are welcome!
The meeting and activities are open to all members and nonmembers who love birds.
At 8:00 AM we will bird around black hole area and return to the picnic spot by 11:30AM.
The Annual meeting and picnic will happen in the lawn/picnic area near the club house.
Black Hole is a privately-funded wetland preserve providing year round habitat to multiple species.
Contact <dfries.audubon...> for information about the location or direction.

*BEGINNER’S BIRD WALK @ MOUNTAIN HOUSE CREEK PARK & WETLANDS*
MAY 25 @ 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM AM (SATURDAY)
Join San Joaquin Audubon member, Henry Koertzen for a beginning bird trip for people of all ages. We will start the bird walk at 8:00AM near the intersection of Main Street and Central Parkway (at the pond side of the road). We will be walking the dirt path, accessible by stroller or wheelchair.

--
Alan England, Stockton