Date: 4/29/24 2:35 pm
From: David Ornellas via groups.io <davidornellas...>
Subject: [OrangeCountyBirding] Hybrid HCP east
Good afternoon all,

For anyone interested there is a very messy hybrid duck at Huntington Central Park east. It was in the ditch near the Armstrong garden center. I was looking at the photos from the mallard x gadwall hybrid and this is not nearly as clean. It looks like a mallard x blue winged teal x gadwall. Something like that. I was trying to find something similar online but nothing. Maybe someone has an idea. I will link my list with pics.

BTW there is a Cassin's vireo at the island as well. It doesn't come up as rare.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S171023980
--
David Ornellas,
Costa Mesa, CA