Date: 4/28/24 7:55 pm
From: Michael Hobbs via Tweeters <tweeters...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co.) 2024-04-25
Tweets - I never posted about Marymoor last Thursday, since we left for the
WOS Conference down in Long Beach immediately afterwards.

But last Thursday started gray and misty, and every hour the weather got
worse. Darker, WETTER, windier. Matt & I even skipped the loop around the
mansion, since we were pretty sure we'd add nothing new for the day. But
the day was not a total waste.

Highlights:
Common Goldeneye - Three females at the weir, after a two week
absence. Getting late for them
Vaux's Swift - One or two, First of Year (FOY) for us
Common Loon - One on the lake (FOY); the first since January 2023!
Five Woodpecker Day
Warbling Vireo - One heard singing several times, Dog Meadow (FOY).
Our second-earliest sighting ever (earliest 2015-04-23)
Cliff Swallow - One from the Lake Platform (FOY)
Hermit Thrush - One heard and glimpsed by Matt pre-dawn
White-crowned Sparrow - Tight flock of 20 Gambeli-type across Marymoor
Way from the Viewing Mound; also 5-10 Pugetensis scattered
Lincoln's Sparrow - Two at the Viewing Mound, first since January
Nashville Warbler - One seen briefly south of the East Meadow; (FOY)
for us

Misses included Hooded Merganser, Pied-billed Grebe, Rock Pigeon,
Double-crested Cormorant, Red-tailed Hawk, Barn Owl, Belted Kingfisher, and
House Finch.

Despite those many misses, we managed 62 species for the day. We're up to
105 for the year.

= Michael Hobbs
= <BirdMarymoor...>
= www.marymoor.org/birding.htm