Date: 4/28/24 3:33 pm
From: Dave Compton via groups.io <davcompton60...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Refugio Rd/Canyon this morning
This morning, I looked for migrants moving up the slope from Refugio
Canyon, near where others looked yesterday. I'm not sure exactly where
people birded yesterday, but I was on the stretch of road for several
hundred meters west of the hairpin where the road leaves the creek and
heads through the burned over-chaparral above the west fork. My eBird list
covers only this area:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S170769144

The best bird was probably a HAMMOND'S FLYCATCHER at what I refer to as "pt
2" in my eBird checklist. I also had at least one singing YELLOW-BREASTED
CHAT, possibly two. An OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER that lingered for a while was
nice. I had fewer birds that people who birded in this area yesterday, with
lower numbers of almost all migrants. Wilson's Warbler and Warbling Vireo
were my most numerous migrants, but more of each were seen yesterday than I
saw today.

Later, I drove up and down the Gaviota coast looking around for Crested
Caracara, but had no luck.

Dave Compton
Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#37264): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37264