Date: 4/28/24 1:18 pm
From: Lance Benner via groups.io <lbenner...>
Subject: [LACoBirds] ABC MISSING species, Sunday, 1 pm
Greetings Everyone, Here are species found in previous years that we have
yet to locate this time:

# Greater White-fronted Goose

# Tundra Bean-Goose

# Canvasback

# Greater Scaup

# White-winged Scoter

# Black Scoter

# Hooded Merganser

# Common Merganser

# Gambel's Quail

# Chukar

# Common Ground-Dove

# White-winged Dove

# Calliope Hummingbird

# Ridgway's Rail

# Sandhill Crane

# Pacific Golden-Plover

# Red Knot

# Ruff

# Stilt Sandpiper

# Baird's Sandpiper

# Pectoral Sandpiper

# Semipalmated Sandpiper

# Red Phalarope

# Pomarine Jaeger

# Scripps's Murrelet

# Cassin's Auklet

# Rhinoceros Auklet

# Sabine's Gull

# Laughing Gull

# Franklin's Gull

# Short-billed Gull

# Lesser Black-backed Gull

# Iceland Gull (Thayer's Gull)

# Glaucous Gull

# Black Tern

# Common Tern

# Yellow-billed Loon

# Black-footed Albatross

# Leach's Storm-Petrel

# Northern Fulmar

# Pink-footed Shearwater

# Red-footed Booby

# American White Pelican

# American Bittern

# California Condor

# White-tailed Kite

# Zone-tailed Hawk

# Ferruginous Hawk

# Flammulated Owl

# Burrowing Owl

# Spotted Owl

# Long-eared Owl

# Williamson's Sapsucker

# Red-naped Sapsucker

# Crested Caracara

# Least Flycatcher

# Tropical Kingbird

# Thick-billed Kingbird

# Purple Martin

# Golden-crowned Kinglet

# American Dipper

# Mountain Bluebird

# Varied Thrush

# Red-throated Pipit

# Evening Grosbeak

# Grasshopper Sparrow

# Clay-colored Sparrow

# Field Sparrow

# Harris's Sparrow

# Vesper Sparrow

# Swamp Sparrow

# Orchard Oriole

# Baltimore Oriole

# Northern Waterthrush

# Black-and-white Warbler

# Tennessee Warbler

# Hooded Warbler

# Northern Parula

# Chestnut-sided Warbler

# Red-faced Warbler

# Painted Redstart

# Summer Tanager

# Indigo Bunting

Notes on a couple more missing species:

American Dipper:

Recently Barrett-Stoddard Road has been the easiest place in the
county to find these, and there was a search on Friday, plus brief
searches at Buckhorn Campground (where there's a lot of water) and
along the West Fork of the San Gabriel River between Valley Forge
Campground and West Fork Campground on Saturday (also a lot of water
there). No luck yet.

Vesper Sparrow:

We don't usually get this species but often there are eBird reports
within a few days of when the count starts. Has anyone seen one?

Summer Tanager:

Another species that we find more than 1/2 of the time but so far not
yet this year.

Black Tern:

They should be migrating through the desert any time now...but no
reports yet from the Piute Ponds.

Franklin's Gull:

Similar to Black Tern, when we find them, it's usually at the Piute
Ponds. This is about the time that they start to migrate through.
Multiple teams have been to the Piute Ponds today (Sunday) but
haven't reported any.

Greater White-fronted Goose:

Usually there are some around in ponds at various parks. Has anyone
seen one?

Thank you!

--Lance

Lance Benner

Altadena

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#4196) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group | Mute
This Topic | New Topic

[<lists...>]
_._,_._,_

Join us on Facebook!