Date: 4/28/24 12:41 pm
From: WANG PEGGY <00000454f4164bea-dmarc-request...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Denison, Morris Woods, Land Lab Sunday morning
Warm, a bit muggy & breezy this morning as I visited these 3 spots. Saw some FOY birds like Baltimore Oriole, a singing male, at Denison always a welcome sight of spring. Kind of amazing was having Yellow-breasted Chats at all 3 spots—a definite first. I think the one I heard at Morris Woods might be the first for me there—I’ll have to check my records. The one calling & skulking at Denison was my FOY. And there were 2 at the Land Lab, one of which set an altitude record when it flew across the field and landed at least 20 feet up in a large tree to perch and sing.

Also saw an adult Broad-winged Hawk fly over at Denison and heard a Sora sound off a few times at the Land Lab. Only killdeer I had was one flushed from the roadside while driving. House Wrens at all 3 spots.

Denison
Warblers
Blue-winged—one seen well
La WT—one perched & singing, heard at least one other
N Parula
Com YT—finally got a good look at one
Yellow-throated-heard only
Ovenbird-heard only
Yellow-rumped: group of 5-6 bathing in stream, some also singing

Yellow-breasted Chat FOY
White-eyed Vireo
Warbling Vireo
Red-headed WP
Wild Turkey—quite vocal when I first arrived
Baltimore Oriole FOY
Tree Swallow
Wood Thrush
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Sparrows: Song, chipping, field, White-throated
Broad-winged Hawk FOY
Red-shouldered Hawk

Morris Woods
Yellow-breasted Chat—heard only
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Red-eyed Vireo FOY heard only
Wood Thrush
Sparrows: Song, field, White-throated
Red-headed WP
Red-shouldered Hawk being chased by crow
Wood Duck drake

Land Lab
Warblers
Yellow