Date: 4/27/24 4:47 pm
From: Mark Bright via groups.io <pywiack...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Baron Ranch
Julie and I hiked up Baron Ranch yesterday 4/26 up to the 3rd creek crossing at the bottom of the loop. Most notable were perhaps 20 Western Flycatchers all up and down the canyon. We also found one Olive-sided Flycatcher, 2 Black-headed Grosbeaks, 2 Hooded Orioles, several groups of White-throated Swifts, 3 Warbling Vireos, 3 Black-throated Grey Warblers, 3-4 Hermit Warblers, 3 Wilson's Warblers, 1 Orange-crowned Warbler, and 1 Hermit Warbler, 1 Canyon Wren.

Lots of California Tree Frogs in the creek, one Alligator Lizard on the trail, one dead Western Pond Turtle on the trail and one Rattlesnake along the road just inside the gate.

Mark Bright
Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#37260): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/37260
Updated status and distribution of Santa Barbara County birds: http://www.sbcobirding.com/lehmanbosbc.html