Date: 4/27/24 2:39 pm
From: Bill Fontenot via groups.io <williamrodneyfontenot...>
Subject: [labird] Cool Bird Happenings at the Zurich Championship
One of my longtime favorite time-wasters involves birding televised PGA golf events.

After all these years, had I kept a list that included species, location, and date, I’m sure it would be impressive.

One of my most memorable ticks, for example, was Brewer’s Blackbird (shout out to Steve Cardiff and Donna Dittmann for the assist on that one).

But just when one thinks that things can’t get better, yesterday I snagged my first-ever (singing) Warbling Vireo at the PGA Zurich Championship, held in New Orleans this weekend.

And today, one of the camerapersons caught a pair of Snowy Egrets that were pretty far into their mating ritual — yet another first-ever, to be sure.
Seems a tad late for actual SNEG breeding activities though. Perhaps they were play-acting.

Then again, the location was New Orleans.

Spring Cheers Labirders,

Bill Fontenot
Lafayette, LA