Date: 4/27/24 1:28 pm
From: Julia van der Wyk <juliavdw11...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Possible Bald Eagle flying over east Morrissey
I spotted what was not a red tail nor likely vulture soaring in the patch of sky I can see from ‘Porch Station’ (my porch).

Large!
White head, white tail, dark brown wings with “fingers”. (Did I see yellow legs?)
The wings were not held out flat though, they were sort of bent at “elbow”.

I checked my field guides, and I don't see another raptor with quite those markings. Could it be a bald eagle??
I will be very excited if so, because I haven’t seen our local ones yet, nor have I ID’d one elsewhere since I started keeping life list.

It was headed toward the part of the sky where faint seagull sounds were detected. Could be coincidence, or lunch maybe.

Sincerely,

Julia v