Date: 4/27/24 1:18 pm
From: Daniel Farrar via groups.io <jdanielfarrar...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Crested Caracara Report
Unfortunately I could not relocate the bird. I turned around and drove back
to Refugio but only saw TVs and Red-tails. The birds wings and tail pattern
were very distinctive and I immediately thought Caracara. I'm putting it in
eBird as probable since I never saw the head and could not get a photo. It
was an awkward situation on the side of the freeway. I could not open my
driver's door due to traffic and by the time I got out the passenger side
it was pretty distant. The last place I saw was over a group of trees
here 34.4671428, -120.1060947. Maybe the bird landed there. Hopefully it
turns up for someone.

On Sat, Apr 27, 2024, 11:21 AM Jamie Chavez via groups.io <almiyi=
<protonmail.com...> wrote:

> Just the messenger-
>
> Daniel Farrar posted to WhatsApp at 11:01:
>
> ------------------------
> I just had the/a Crested Caracara. I'm on the freeway heading west and was
> just east of Barron ranch gate. I quickly pulled over and was able to see
> the white and black pattern in the wings and the white tail with the black
> terminal band but could not get a photo as the bird was traveling away from
> me heading east down the freeway
> -------------------------
> Jamie M. Chavez
> Santa Maria, CA