Date: 4/27/24 7:59 am
From: Krish Maypole via groups.io <krish.maypole...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Northern Pygmy-Owl at North Lake, Red Knot at Ocean Beach
Hi all!

This morning as part of the Bay Birding Challenge (go Righteous Roadrunners!), Rudy, Nico, Angie and I went to North Lake before sunrise.

We heard a Northern Pygmy-Owl tooting around the southeast corner of the lake around 5:05, and then again closer to Bercut at 5:10. We heard it one more time at 5:30. All four of us got recordings—will post later.

We moved on to Ocean Beach, where we had a Red Knot between Kirkham and Lawton, halfway between basic and alternate. Also present was a Bonaparte’s Gull in alternate.

Good birding,
Krish