Date: 4/26/24 4:41 pm
From: Ted Keyel via groups.io <erkeyel...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Northern Parula, Rancho Ponderosa
Hi all,

While stopped at a red light at the corner of Calle Barcelona and El Camino
Real, I heard a Northern Parula singing its main dry ascending trill song
at the northwestern corner of the intersection. I returned with my
recording gear and managed a couple recordings, though it can be a little
difficult to hear with so much traffic. Recording in the checklist here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S170432503

Unrelatedly, I also had a pleasant morning at Batiquitos Lagoon, with over
70 species, highlights being Least Terns, Bald Eagle, Black Skimmer, and
some continuing Lesser Scaup.

Happy birding,
-Ted Keyel
Carlsbad (soon to be Oceanside)

View/Reply Online (#15972): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/15972
The monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) are currently virtual, open only to members, at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month.

Two notable on-line resources are available for San Diego birders: the San Diego County Bird Atlas by Phil Unitt (2004) - http://sdplantatlas.org/BirdAtlas/BirdPages.aspx ; and an update of notable records for San Diego County (2002–present), compiled by Paul Lehman - https://bvaudubon.org/birding-resources/ .