Date: 4/26/24 10:04 am
From: KC <deedemail...>
Subject: [NHBirds] FOY female Baltimore Oriole in Derry
This was a surprise. A female oriole was perched on the top of the hook of
my deck bird feeder. It's an orange-colored oriole feeder for jelly, but in
the winter, I use it without the cover to offer mealworms to the bluebirds.
So, I'm guessing she was attracted to the orange color. Unfortunately, the
dish was empty. I did have some suet out, so I hope she found that. That
was around 11 am this morning and I haven't seen her since.

This is about a week earlier than I usually see my first male BAOR, and two
weeks earlier than I usually see a female BAOR in my yard.

My experience here is that the orioles, catbirds, rose-breasted grosbeaks,
and hummingbirds all arrive within the same week.

~in Derry