Date: 4/24/24 1:16 pm
From: Jason Frank <jmfrank84...>
Subject: Re: [mou-net] Garganey at Long Lake WPA, Cottonwood Co.
UPDATE: I'm told by Brandon Semel that the bird is being reported on Discord.

What is Discord, you ask?

It is: "an instant messaging and VoIP social platform which allows
communication through voice calls, video calls, text messaging, and
media and files. Communication can be private or take place in virtual
communities called servers".

If anyone out there can get some more information, feel free to post
it here in this thread!

I would be open to caravanning down there during Salt Lake Weekend if
the bird is still present and being seen on Saturday.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2024 at 2:16 PM Jason Frank <jmfrank84...> wrote:

> I have a second-hand report of a Garganey at Long Lake WPA, near the
> small town of Westbrook, in Cottonwood County.
>
> This is a report coming from US F&WS Biologist Brandon Semel.
>
> I am not going to have time to drive down there and take a look this
> week, so I'm not fielding advice on how to find the bird, where to
> view, where to park, etc.
>
> Coordinates I've been given are:
>
> 43.9635603, -95.3770522
>
> If anyone who uses Facebook notices that there are sustained sightings
> of this bird leading up to the weekend, please keep me informed via
> email!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jason Frank
> Ortonville

----
General information and guidelines for posting: https://moumn.org/listservice.html

During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

Join us on Facebook!