Date: 4/24/24 5:19 am
From: sgg.bluesfan <sgg.bluesfan...>
Subject: Re: Goldfinches et al
Yesterday my trees were full of yellow ornaments with black caps as well.  They are LOUD!  But funThanks,Steve Griffaw <Sgg.bluesfan...> Jefferson City  MOSent via the Samsung Galaxy S21+ 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Lisa Saffell <lesfstl...> Date: 4/24/24 6:33 AM (GMT-06:00) To: <MOBIRDS-L...> Subject: Re: Goldfinches et al My yard has been full of Goldfinch for the past few days.  They are so vibrant!“A bird does not sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” — Maya AngelouLisa Saffell, St. <Louis...>/<lisasaffell...>/stl_birderOn Apr 24, 2024, at 5:28 AM, Amy J. Hoffman <000000b7af3b3944-dmarc-request...> wrote:Like Paul's, our feeders were drenched with goldfinches yesterday. We also had a couple of new feeder birds: an Eastern towhee and 3 white-crowned sparrows. Amy J. HoffmanJefferson CityOn Apr 23, 2024 9:45 PM, paul konarske <pkonarske1...> wrote:

WARNING: This message has originated from an External Source. This may be a phishing expedition that can result in unauthorized access to our IT System. Please use proper judgment and caution when opening
attachments, clicking links, or responding to this email.

Happy spring.  Today was a great backyard day.
Early morning we got our 1st Indigo Bunting but, I didn't see until later because of all the Goldfinches!  You know, like not seeing the forest for all the trees.  36+ showed up everywhere - on my feeders, on my bird baths, bushes, trees and
ground.  It was kind of comical. They are cute, but my regular customers, like Titmice were put off by the crowd.  My usual number of Goldfinch is 1 or 2 so this was overwhelming.  After their bellies were full they spread out around the area into every tree
and shrub kind of frolicking around.  It was fun watching them.  Never ran into a Goldfinch fallout before.
I assume they are a bunch from farther north on their way back.
They timed it well as I just refilled all my feeders.  I'm hoping I can convince some to stay.

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.
Details and registration: https://mobirds.org/MBS/NextMeeting.aspx

Join us on Facebook!