Date: 4/23/24 4:35 pm
From: Tom Edell via groups.io <TEdell...>
Subject: Re: [slocobirding] Laughing Gull Cayucos Creek mouth
The Laughing Gull showed up on the beach at Old Creek just as I was leaving
at 9:50, and based on Kaaren's report stayed into the afternoon. This is not
the same one most recently reported from Morro Strand State Beach. Today's
bird lacked the flight feather wear the Morro Strand bird showed in the most
recent photos. I have not seen both together since they were at Old Creek on
April 12. The Laughing Gull is fairly tolerant of beach walkers, but does
not tolerate dogs. There was a flock of over 200 Pacific Loons visible
offshore (with a scope) this morning.

Tom Edell

Cayucos, CA