Date: 4/23/24 3:26 pm
From: <jerrymcw...> <0000001b5c226889-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Erie County, Presque Isle Hawk Watch for April 23, 2024

Unknown Falcon 1 1 4
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 2 3

Total: 629 15111 21068

Observation start time: 07:30:00
Observation end time: 15:00:00
Total observation time: 7.5 hours

Official Counter: Jerry McWilliams

Observers: Jerry Stanley, Katie Andersen

Visitors:
Jerry Stanley and Katie Andersen assisted with the count. Visitors
included Jim Baxter, Ruth Swaney, and my wife, Linda.

Weather:
Mostly clear early becoming cloudy. Strong SSW wind and mild temps.

Raptor Observations:
The flight was slow, but steady through the day with singles and small
groups of TVs, BWs and SSs passing close to the lake and directly overhead.
Highlights were Sandhill Cranes and a light morph Rough-legged Hawk. A
bizarre small raptor flying with a BW caught our attention. Likely just a
strange BW, but the wings were broader and very rounded, and the tail was
very short barely projecting beyond the wings.

Non-raptor Observations:
Purple Martin 3, Common Loon 1, Sandhill Crane 5 in one group and a single
bird, Tree Swallow, American Goldfinch, House Finch, Rock Pigeon, Mourning
Dove, Canada Goose, blackbirds, mostly Brown-headed Cowbirds, and Northern
Flicker

Predictions:
Chance of rain in the AM and much colder with north wind. A good day to
catch up on things at home.
Jerry McWilliamsErie, Erie County, <Pa.jerrymcw...>

Join us on Facebook!