Date: 4/23/24 11:01 am
From: Merle and Marsha Hall <mghall...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Wilson's (?) and Franklin's (?) - DALLAS
Down Xavier Ave this morning and Marsha spotted a group of what look
like Wilson's Snipe over in the water near the trestle.  I counted 22 of
them, which seems like a large group for those.  They just wandered up
and down the edge of the water mostly nose down.  Could be something
else, I'm sure.

Then over at Marsh Farms Wetland, there was a flock of what I think are
Franklin's Gulls, based on the black head, white eye crescents and black
and white wing tips along with a couple of Trumpeter Swans.

Enclosing the best photos I got in case anyone wants to affirm or
suggest other possibilities.

Merle
Granger

--
Post by sending an email to <ia-bird...>
IOU Code of Birding Ethics - https://iowabirds.org/Pages.aspx?pg=6
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ia-bird/<1f50ca13-3bf5-40d1-bb61-97b4790fdaee...>

Join us on Facebook!