Date: 4/23/24 10:23 am
From: Christopher Hayward via groups.io <p_t_nymph...>
Subject: [pen-bird] Elegant Terns over Half Moon Bay, 4/23/24
Hi All,
This morning whilst having coffee and checking for backyard birds, I suddenly heard the sounds of Elegant Terns overhead. Looking up high I was surprised to see several large groups flying west towards the beach, I can't recall ever seeing Elegant Terns over our yard here, although we are close enough to the beach to hear them in the summer. I estimated about 120 birds but that is a conservative count. Seems weird to have them flying over our yard, especially in April.
Photos and audio on my ebird checklist, link below.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S169954932

Chris Hayward
Half Moon Bay