Date: 4/23/24 9:49 am
From: John Dillon via groups.io <kisforkryptonite...>
Subject: [labird] Big Day Fundraiser
LABIRD,

Many of you have supported the Minden High School Nature Club over the years, and we desperately need your support now.

The 6th Annual Minden High School Nature Club’s Bird-a-thon fundraiser is this Sunday, 28 April. Two club members will assist me with a Birding Big Day in Claiborne Parish to document as many species as possible. You can pledge an amount per species or make a donation outright.

Will you help the club meet its pledge goals?

Currently, we are about $3000 below our goal of meeting last year’s total! Every pledge or donation makes a HUGE difference!

Your money isn’t wasted! Each year, we give a deserving, graduating senior club member a $1000 college scholarship!

It takes about $195 to cover the cost of one student to go to our four-day trip to Petit Jean State Park. $220 for a student to go on our four-day trip to Southwest Louisiana.

A pledge of 50 cents or a dollar per species from a few more people helps these kids tremendously!

If you’re able to help, please reply with a pledge amount or donation amount. I’ll send you the mailing address for a check payment, or you can Venmo me if you prefer.

Thank you so much!!

John Dillon
Minden High School
Nature Club Founder and Co-Sponsor since 2007