Date: 4/23/24 9:20 am
From: Evan Garner <evan.d.garner...>
Subject: Re: Big Day Challenge
Thanks, Ragan.

NW Arkansas birders, if you're interested in forming a team and giving it a
try, let me know. I'd like to participate, but I need one or more partners.
Sundays don't work for me, but I could give a Thursday or a Saturday to it.

Thanks,

Evan Garner

On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 9:24 AM Ragan Sutterfield <
<000003499a91e99c-dmarc-request...> wrote:

> With Dan Scheiman's absence, the annual BirdAR big day competition didn't
> come together this year (though I understand it will be back next year).
> As the reigning BirdAR champions, The Thrashers team wants to keep in
> practice, so we plan on doing a big day this spring and would love for
> others to join us in some friendly competition. The rules are simple: teams
> of 2 or more must bird together for the entire day. Each bird that counts
> must be seen or heard by at least 2 team members. A day is midnight to
> midnight. The birding day can be any you like before May 20. (Also
> generally observe the ABA Big Day rules:
> https://www.aba.org/aba-big-day-count-rules/). All birds must be within
> the Arkansas state line. Uta Meyer from Audubon Delta has agreed to
> provide BirdAR t-shirts to anyone who participates and if enough folks are
> up for it, we may have a time to share our totals, etc. Let me know if you
> get a team together and share your totals when you've completed your big
> day!

Evan D. Garner
479-305-8710

or click the following link: