Date: 4/22/24 6:19 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Adams Farm - Athol MA (22 Apr 2024) 147 Raptors

Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 23:17:24 +0000
From: <reports...>
Subject: Adams Farm - Athol MA (22 Apr 2024) 147 Raptors

Merlin 0 10 12
Peregrine Falcon 0 0 1
Unknown Accipiter 0 5 5
Unknown Buteo 0 1 6
Unknown Falcon 0 3 3
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 2 39 43

Total: 147 2244 2388

Observation start time: 07:00:00 Observation end time: 15:00:00 Total
observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Chris Eddy, Mark Morris

Observers: Dave Brown, Ernie Leblanc, Jack Miano, Jean Hampel,
Joanne Hart, Ted Purcell

Weather:
Today we had clear skies with chilly NW winds 12-17 mph and temps between
42-55’F. Visibility was excellent with some distant haze.

Raptor Observations:
Most Broadwings passed single file or in very small groups relatively low,
Quartering into our ridge line tacking into the wind if need be. We had 2
adult Bald Eagles pass mid afternoon one behind the other flapping with
speed. Turkey Vultures were scarce.

Local Raptors: BE-5(3 ad.2 Imm) TV-6, CH-4, BW-2, RT-4, AK-1

Non-raptor Observations:
Other Birds Observed: Song Sparrow-2, B.Jay-6, H.Soarrow-8,
E.Starling-50+/-, N.Flicker-1, A.Goldfinch-1, R.Crossbill-2, Field
Sparrow-1, C.Grackle-4, C.Merganser-15, C.Goose-1, D.C.Cormorant-1,
Raven-9, N.Cardinal-2, Palm Warbler-1, A.Crow-4, Tree Swallow-7, W.B.Nut-1,
R.B.Woodpecker-1, B.H.Cowbird-2, M.Dove-2

Predictions:
Tomorrow’s weather looks interesting as we will have a southerly wind
flow increasing in the afternoon.
Report submitted by Mark Morris (<MDMRemodeling...>)
Adams Farm - Athol MA information may be found at:
https://massbird.org/emhw/

More site information at hawkcount.org:
https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=953

Join us on Facebook!