Date: 4/22/24 11:58 am
From: Heather Aubke <haubke...>
Subject: Re: [Ohio-birds] Lake Erie Spring birding suggestions
As Deb mentioned, Magee Marsh is great, but is an area of heavy people
traffic in addition to the bird traffic. This has its ups and downs. If you
are not a fan of crowds, please consider some other outstanding birding
spots in the area of Magee Marsh

Areas that I have enjoyed in that general area that were much less crowded
of people are: East Harbor State Park, Maumee Bay State Park, Great Egret
Marsh Preserve.

My impression is that most folks who go to Lake Erie in the spring hit the
western shores of Lake Erie (Toledo-Sandusky area), but I have heard that
Ashtabula County (far northeast Lake Erie area) has some pretty amazing
spring migration, too. Cuyahoga, Lake and Lorain counties would also be
good.

Really, when it comes to Lake Erie birding in spring, you can't go wrong.
Enjoy!

-Heather Aubke, Albany, OH