Date: 4/22/24 8:33 am
From: Randy Langer <randylanger52...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Backyard Birding
All,
Now that the weather is improving I'm back to spending my mornings on the
deck with a cup of coffee, binoculars, and pen and paper.

Not sure if it's our physical location or if it's the habitat I've created
on our property or a combination of both, but I'm often struck by the
number of species we see on any given day in the spring, wondering if
others have similar experiences. Recorded this morning from the back deck
at 6 Tucker Mountain Rd, Meredith:

American Robin
Northern Flicker
Eastern Phoebe
Great Blue Heron (flyover)
Wild Turkey
Mallard
Blue Jay
Turkey Vulture (flyover)
American Goldfinch
Tufted Titmouse
Northern Cardinal
Eastern Bluebird (two pair nesting in two/six boxes on the property)
Dark-eyed Junco
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker
Hairy Woodpecker
Barred Owl (heard not seen)
Downy Woodpecker
Black Capped Chickadee
Broad-winged Hawk (two engaged in mating behavior overhead)
Red-tailed Hawk (flyover)
Mourning Dove
American Crow
White-breasted Nuthatch