Date: 4/22/24 5:50 am
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Ross' Goose reports
Hi MassBirders,

Ross’ Goose is still on the MARC review list, and a couple have been in the state this spring. I don’t believe that either ever got posted to MassBird, I noticed them via eBird alerts. The first was almost a month ago, in Newbury, where Davey Walters spotted a trio within a flock of Snow Geese flying near Scotland Road on March 24. What may have been the same group was reported flying over Plum Island, and just over the state line in Hampton NH. A few people saw these birds the next day in the Scotland Road area, but they have not been reported since.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S165895446

More recently, on April 15, Bev King found a Ross’ in the Slocum’s River Reserve of the Dartmouth Natural Resources Trust. It has continued to be found there through at least yesterday.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S169045050

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.
Amherst, MA
https://www.facebook.com/opihi

Vice-president, Hampshire Bird Club
https://hampshirebirdclub.org/

Northeast Chapter head, Dragonfly Society of the Americas
https://www.dragonflysocietyamericas.org/northeastdsa

Citizen science pages:
http://bugguide.net/user/view/2399
https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/opihiman