Date: 4/22/24 5:38 am
From: Katie Percy via groups.io <katiepercy...>
Subject: [labird] BRAS Program - Wed, April 24th @ EBR Parish Main Library
*REMINDER*

The Baton Rouge Audubon Society will host our next program this
Wednesday, April 24th at the East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library on
Goodwood Blvd.

TITLE: "A Century of Conservation: The Legacy and Future of the Paul J.
Rainey Wildlife Sanctuary"

the Paul J. Rainey Sanctuary, a beacon of conservation and natural heritage
nestled in the heart of Louisiana's coastal marshlands. This presentation
will delve into the sanctuary's storied past, exploring its establishment
as the first National Audubon Society sanctuary in 1924 and its pivotal
role in avian research and habitat protection. Through a rich tapestry of
historical anecdotes, ecological insights, and compelling imagery, we will
honor the visionaries and stewards whose efforts have safeguarded this
precious landscape for future generations.

PRESENTERS: Karen Westphal, Center Manager and Jeffery Stephens, Senior
Assistant, Audubon Delta

LOCATION: East Baton Rouge Parish Main Library on Goodwood Blvd; Room 102
(first floor)

DATE: Wednesday, April 24th

TIME: 7:00 - 8:00 PM (in-person social 6:30-7:00)

Although we encourage everyone to attend in person, we do still offer a
virtual option via Zoom.

Zoom registration:
https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcvfu2ppzoqH9OHL3wD3_sCmoN--IdCM8Rd

Thank you,