Date: 4/22/24 4:37 am
From: Rich Kelley <rich...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] FW: Your opportunity to give back to Missisquoi
From: Friends of Missisquoi <info...>
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2024 4:49 PM
Subject: Your opportunity to give back to Missisquoi

Hi Friends!
We want to let you know about two upcoming opportunities where you can spend a few hours of your time giving back to the refuge. In both instances lunch will be provided in appreciation of a few hours of your volunteering for Missisquoi. The details for signing up for these events are listed below. We hope you can make one or both!
See you on the Refuge!

Saturday, April 27th - Volunteer Trail Maintenance Day
We will meet at the Refuge Headquarters on Tabor Road at 9:00am. We will be coordinating with Chris, our refuge jack-of-all-trades maintenance employee, on what is most needed. Depending on the number of volunteers, we may be assisting moving some lumber at Maquam/Black Creek, building bridges for the SJY Marsh Trail, and/or doing some general trail clearing. We'll work until noon and come together for some nourishment at the headquarters. Many hands make light work, so bring a friend or the whole family. Heavy rains will postpone this event, so be sure to register so we can contact you if necessary. Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/volunteer-trail-maintenance-day-tickets-836625899587

Friday, May 3rd - Green Up Day on the Refuge
We will meet at the Louie's Landing Boat Launch off Route 78, about 3.5 miles west of Swanton at 9:00 a.m. We will work until noon then break for a pizza lunch. Please dress for the weather and bring water to drink. We will have gloves, bags and other supplies for volunteers. For more information, please call the refuge office at 802-868-4781.

Join us on Facebook!