Date: 4/21/24 10:50 pm
From: Steve Weston <sweston2g...>
Subject: [mou-net] MRVAC Meeting This Thursday 4-25
*The Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC) invites you to join us
for:*

*"Special Report on Ornithology Research atthe University of
Minnesota"Simone Maddox:Researcher and Ph.D. candidate in the Barker Lab at
UMN*

*David Wolfson:Wildlife ecologist and Ph.D. candidate in the Fieberg Lab at
UMNThursday, April 25, Reception at 7:00 p.m., Program at 7:30 p.m.*

We’ll get a look into some very interesting ornithological research at
the University of Minnesota (UMN) with two speakers. First, Simone Maddox
will speak about her research investigating the ways that city living
affects our local birds, especially their brains. Then, David Wolfson
will report on his research on the annual movement and migration patterns
of Trumpeter Swans in the Midwest.

This meeting will be held in-person at the refuge and simulcast via
Zoom*. * The
refuge visitor center is located at 3815 American Boulevard East in
Bloomington and is accessible after a short walk from the METRO blue line.
All MRVAC meetings are free and open to the public.

The meeting will be simulcast on Zoom beginning at 7:30 p.m. To join the
Zoom meeting click on this link:
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85625706373?<pwd...>
Meeting ID: 856 2570 6373
Passcode: 112650
One tap mobile http://+16469313860,,85625706373#,,,,*112650#
<http://+16469313860,,85625706373/#,,,,*112650%23>

*Mark Your Calendars: The Hok-si-Lah Warbler Field Trip* will be
on Saturday, May 11, 7:30 a.m.
Join us for this traditional field trip that we’ve been taking for over 40
years! We never know what we will find. Meet Steve Weston at Hok-Si-La Park
(2500 U.S. Hwy 61, Lake City, MN), located just north of Lake City. Bring a
lunch if you want to stay for some afternoon birding. This trip requires
moderate effort, walking on mostly level trails. Free and open to the
public. No reservations.
*Copyright © 2024 Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC), All
rights reserved.*
Steve Weston
On Quigley Lake in Eagan, MN
<sweston2g...>

----
General information and guidelines for posting: https://moumn.org/listservice.html

During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

Join us on Facebook!