Date: 4/21/24 4:52 pm
From: Barbara Volkle <barb620...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Adams Farm - Athol MA (21 Apr 2024) 347 Raptors

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2024 23:36:54 +0000
From: <reports...>
Subject: Adams Farm - Athol MA (21 Apr 2024) 347 Raptors

Merlin 0 10 12
Peregrine Falcon 0 0 1
Unknown Accipiter 1 5 5
Unknown Buteo 0 1 6
Unknown Falcon 1 3 3
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 3 37 41

Total: 347 2097 2241

Observation start time: 07:00:00 Observation end time: 14:00:00 Total
observation time: 6.5 hours

Official Counter: Eric Mueller, Mark Morris

Observers: Eric Mueller, Jack Miano, Jeff Johnstone, Joanne Hart,
Jon Skinner, Juliana Skinner

Weather:
Clear skies to start with quickly increasing clouds with west winds 7-17
mph. Temps ranged between 39-47’ F. Visibility was excellent today with
good background of cloud cover.

Raptor Observations:
The Broadwings were getting lift early as I switched tactics and scanned
with my scope to get the birds rising. Consistent flight of BW’s with
some small groups but a lot of single birds. Our 2 local Black Vultures
continue their romance on the Starrett chimney.

Local Raptors: BV-2, TV-20, OS-1,BE-4, CH-4, RS-1, BW-6, RT-4, AK-1

Non-raptor Observations:
Other Birds Observed: Pine Siskin-2, Red Crossbill-6, A.Robin-2,
N.Cardinal-2, W.T.Sparrow-1, N.Flicker-1, H.Sparrow-6, Starling10,
A.Crow-8, Raven-13, B.Jay-4, Y.B.Sap.-1(D), Pil. Woodpecker-1(c),
,A.Goldfinch-5, M.Dove-3, C.Grackle-6, T.Swallow-2, Goose Species-12,
R.B.Woodpecker-1, D.Woopecker-1, B.H.Cowbird-2

Predictions:
Tomorrow should be another promising day weather wise with light NW wind
and some sun.
Report submitted by Mark Morris (<MDMRemodeling...>)
Adams Farm - Athol MA information may be found at:
https://massbird.org/emhw/

More site information at hawkcount.org:
https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=953

Join us on Facebook!