Date: 4/20/24 9:25 pm
From: Pete Sole <pete...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Fun with Black Skimmers (photos)
Hi birders,

First, big thanks to Matthew Coale for his reports of the 4 BLACK
SKIMMERS at the San Lorenzo River mouth spit.

I got to the beach around 10:15am. Was able to repeatedly observe and
photograph these fun birds. Below are some of the better photos of the
600+ that I captured. (Warning: very large images):

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/gulls_terns/skimmer_black_240420a.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/gulls_terns/skimmer_black_4_240420b.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/gulls_terns/skimmer_black_flying_4_240420b.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/gulls_terns/skimmer_black_2_flying_240420a.jpg

http://www.lighthousenet.com/photos/birds/web_ready/gulls_terns/skimmer_black_flying_240420a.jpg

If you have a strong favorite, I'd be curious to know which one. After
looking at 600 plus images and processing some 20+, my eyes and mind are
mush. 🙂

Although dogs and beach goers caused the birds to flush, the skimmers
repeatedly returned to the spit along with a bunch of gulls.

Link to the related ebird report with more images:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S169497519

Fun birding and bird photography,

Pete Solé

Soquel, CA