Date: 4/20/24 7:45 pm
From: Deanna Mac Phail <deanna.macphail...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Red Tailed Hawks
External Email

Several evenings this past week we've observed the pair of nesting hawks
perched together about sunset, away from the cliff nest,as if taking a
break from nest duties. This evening I happened to look back at the nest
and saw two fuzzy heads emerge. Both chicks moved around in the nest,
awkwardly flapping stubby wings. I would guess they are about two weeks old.

The nest is built on a seemingly precariously sloped cliff ledge, with not
much observable safe exercise area. But these adults have successfully
raised young to fly from the nest the past two years, so they know more
about these things than I do.

Deanna MacPhail
west side Tucson