Date: 4/20/24 4:53 pm
From: David Zittin via groups.io <dzittin...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] SCVAS Field Trip to Sanborn County Park
Hi Birders,
Fourteen of us endured sunny, 70 plus degree paradisiacal weather on a mission to find birds. Our final count included 31 species. A few highlights follow: A Band-tailed Pigeon on a nest, a Western Tanager, several singing and well-exposed Black-headed Grosbeaks. We heard several Cassin's and Warbling Vireo, but only saw one of each. We also heard at least four Western Flycatcher and managed a good view of one of those. Everyone got good looks at Wilson's Warbler as well as the Orange-crowned Warbler, Unfortunately, we did not see the Hermit Warbler that Eve found on Wednesday. We tried to find a Pacific Wren, but no luck.

Our list is at https://ebird.org/checklist/S169541661.

-Dave Zittin
Cupertino

View/Reply Online (#28165): https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds/message/28165
South Bay Birds is maintained by the Santa Clara Valley Audubon Society (https://scvas.org) and its volunteers.
Our website, https://scvas.org/siliconvalleybirding, contains content guidelines, the SBB code of conduct, and additional information.

Do not disclose information that identifies the location of nesting birds of any species, to minimize stress on the nesting birds and the risk of vandalism or abuse.

Birding events in and near Santa Clara County: https://groups.io/g/southbaybirds-events/ .
Discussions: Facebook group Santa Clara County Birding (https://www.facebook.com/groups/110996713065201/) and a Discord Server (https://discord.gg/NteQSY3Tn8).
SCVAS self-guided field trips, maps and descriptions: https://scvas.org/self-guided-field-trips
SCVAS Salt Pond Map: https://scvas.org/salt-ponds-of-santa-clara-county