Date: 4/20/24 5:29 am
From: Sid Stivland <norlastiv...>
Subject: [mou-net] another good birding day
Another good birding day with the 3rd graders. Several kids who missed
birding outdoors last week due to holidays and time constraints wanted to
bird yesterday, even though it was 35 degrees outside. Couldn't talk them
out of it so, out we went, iPads in hand and Mr.Merlin listening. In spite
of a cold, 25 MPH NW wind we logged several species including
White-throated Sparrows, Chipping Sparrows, and a fly-over Wood Duck
besides the regulars. I didn't think they would last 10 minutes but they
hung in there for almost a half hour.

So it was back to birding inside through the classroom window. We had some
very cooperative White-throated Sparrows less than 10 feet away - birds
very smartly dressed in their finest attire. The kids birding at the other
classroom window came and fetched me for an ID. They had spotted an
Eastern Towhee (I suppose you could call it a "spotted" Towhee), a first
for our location in 5 years.

Sid Stivland
Plymouth, MN

----
General information and guidelines for posting: https://moumn.org/listservice.html

During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

Join us on Facebook!