Date: 4/19/24 5:13 pm
From: A. Liebner <000000d98121eaef-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Brown Thrasher arrived, Juncos gone Schuylkill Co.
Hello fellow birders,
A  first-of-year Brown Thrasher appeared on Wednesday, April 17th.  I'm sure it was one that nested here because it didn't waste any time visiting the window feeder.  Of course, the resident Northern Mockingbird didn't waste any time chasing it away.
American Tree Swallows seem to have claimed a nest box near the house. They are there every day but only one feather is inside so far.
I'm glad someone mentioned the lack of Juncos because I might not have noticed for a few days.  There were a few here yesterday, 4/18, but none today.  The White-throats are getting their bright breeding plumage but just a few remain.   White-crowned Sparrows didn't winter over this year but we still might see some passing through.
Our Eastern Bluebirds had a nest built since 4/07 but no eggs until yesterday, Thursday, 4/18.
On Wednesday, 4/17 I looked out the kitchen window just in time to see several blackbirds scattering in all directions and Red-tailed Hawk take one out of the sky and fly to a telephone pole to enjoy it's meal.

It's an exciting time of year watching each day for new birds to appear on the property and at the feeders.
Good Birding,
Ann M. Liebner
Wayne Twp.  Schuylkill County

Join us on Facebook!