Date: 4/19/24 3:51 pm
From: jackson_us via groups.io <jackson2...>
Subject: [Mendobirds] Early juvenile brown pelicans and a few other sightings
4/19/24

Hi All,

I've received several photos of brown-headed brown pelicans. I searched my
photos and didn't find any sightings of juvenile pelis until May. They are
headed north, passing Gualala yesterday and again today. Photo is by Michael
Reinhart. Have others seen juveniles this early in prior years?

Hermit thrush is singing in the mornings and evenings at my place in
Anchor Bay. I'll be listening for another to pair up with this most
excellent singer. (Hi, Robert Keiffer!)

Mature Bald eagle seen today at the Gualala River.

The Osprey nest I watch through a spotting scope has been rebuilt, but not
nearly as big as last year's rebuild. The female is sitting on the nest.

Also, gray whale mothers and calves are passing by now. Two pairs were
seen by the Mercers at the PA Lighthouse bluffs this afternoon.

Jeanne Jackson, Anchor Bay