Date: 4/19/24 12:46 pm
From: <lehman.paul...> via groups.io <lehman.paul...>
Subject: [SanDiegoRegionBirding] Semipalmated Sandpiper follow-up
As of 12:15 PM, the Semipalmated Sandpiper in the Tijuana River Valley was still present. See earlier posts for all the details. I erred when I said it was about the third spring record in the county. It is actually the fifth spring record, all since 2010. Also wanted to mention that the flooded area not far away on the sod farm still hold lots of birds and was especially good for plenty of shorebirds this morning, although I couldn't find anything rare. Definitely worth carefully checking from the edge of Dairy Mart Road for the next number of days until it dries out too much. The sporadic male Wood Duck was still present today, but it often disappears to nearby unknown water bodies for long periods of time.

--Paul Lehman, San Diego

View/Reply Online (#15958): https://groups.io/g/SanDiegoRegionBirding/message/15958
The monthly meetings of San Diego Field Ornithologists (SDFO) are currently virtual, open only to members, at 6pm on the third Tuesday of every month.

Two notable on-line resources are available for San Diego birders: the San Diego County Bird Atlas by Phil Unitt (2004) - http://sdplantatlas.org/BirdAtlas/BirdPages.aspx ; and an update of notable records for San Diego County (2002–present), compiled by Paul Lehman - https://bvaudubon.org/birding-resources/ .