Date: 4/18/24 12:47 pm
From: Jane Frazier <janefraz2828...>
Subject: Black Vulture Ad
Just saw that there is a full page informative ad on black vultures in the new Show Me magazine put out by Farm Bureau. The ad goes into detail describing what black vultures look like and mentions their danger to newborn livestock.The headline of the ad warns of harm to livestock. It offers a picture of a black v and a turkey v for comparison. The ad appears to be sponsored by the state dept. of agriculture. I'm certainly not slamming the dept. of ag. Before I became an English professor, I had a degree in Agri-Business and am sympathetic to farmers raising livestock. But this is an issue and we will have to see how the depts. of ag, state and national, are going to handle this in cooperation with the dept..of conservation. Hopefully, the removal of some black vultures will not wipe them out here. Alan Leary of MDC will be speaking to River Bluffs Audubon on May 9 at 6:30 at Runge Nature Center, Jeff City on this topic. Please join us.

Jane Frazier
Jefferson City

MBS Spring Meeting: May 3 – 5, 2024 at Stoney Creek Inn, St. Joseph, MO.
Details and registration: https://mobirds.org/MBS/NextMeeting.aspx

Join us on Facebook!