Date: 4/17/24 1:48 pm
From: Gary Kohlenberg <jgk25...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] MNWR-Tschache & Mays Point water levels
Hi all,

I was pleased to talk with Linda Ziemba yesterday, 16th, while watching the Swainson’s Hawk on Tyre Rd. One of the subjects was water levels and the drawdown of Tschache Pool currently underway. She has updates that I’m passing along to everyone in light of her recent talk at the CBC meeting. I missed it live, but watched online. It is very interesting and recommended viewing.

-Mays point will not be drawn down this year. She believes it will be good for another year as is.

-Tschache Pool is taking a very long time to recede because of the recent rains, but is still draining. Hopefully shorebird habitat will be available there.

Happy birding,
Gary Kohlenberg

--

(copy & paste any URL below, then modify any text "_DOT_" to a period ".")

NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsWELCOME_DOT_htm
NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsRULES_DOT_htm
NortheastBirding_DOT_com/CayugabirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave_DOT_htm

ARCHIVES:
1) mail-archive_DOT_com/cayugabirds-l@cornell_DOT_edu/maillist_DOT_html
2) surfbirds_DOT_com/birdingmail/Group/Cayugabirds
3) aba_DOT_org/birding-news/

ebird_DOT_org/content/ebird/