Date: 4/17/24 6:56 am
From: Grant Stevenson <stevensongrant03...>
Subject: Re: Cardinal nest - Indiana County
Hey Dan, Please rotect your kitchen window from bird window collisions!
Collidescape.com is one approved way by Dr. Dan Klem, Jr., 40+ year expert
in the field. Read his book, All, Solid Air. The problem: windows are
invisible to birds! This is important year-round, not just in migration.
Buildings are a grave threat, but research shows home window are a more
serious one.

Aco.muhlenberg.edu. (They may be having tech difficulty with this site,
now.)

Grant Stevenson
Allentown, Lehigh County

On Tue, Apr 16, 2024, 7:28 PM Dan Cunkelman <dancunkelman...> wrote:

> I think we can upgrade the breeding bird status for Northern Cardinals in
> Conemaugh Twp, Indiana County. A couple weeks ago I noticed some sticks
> arranged on the branch of a Holly tree. Last week I discovered a completed
> nest. This Holly is at the corner of our garage where I park my car. The
> nest is about 4 feet off the ground. Sunday I noticed one egg and momma
> was hiding in the tree. Earlier today I observed egg number two. When I
> came home later, momma was sitting on the nest. I am hoping she feels safe
> and secure. Night time predators could be a problem.
> This may be the same nester that previously took residence in shrubs under
> the kitchen window. I had to remove those shrubs before they started
> construction.
>
> Dan Cunkelman
> Conemaugh Twp, Indiana County
>

> Sent from Dan Cunkelman's iPhone