Date: 4/17/24 6:42 am
From: 'Kevin Corwin' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Chipping Sparrows in west Centennial, Arapahoe County
Haven't seen chippies in my little townhouse yard near Holly & Arapahoe
in a year or three, but a male & female pair appeared here on Sunday &
Monday.
Kevin Corwin
Sent from my soup can on a string
On Apr 17, 2024 3:20 AM, <cobirds...> wrote:

<cobirds...>

Google Groups

Google Groups Logo

Topic digest
View all topics

* Lark Buntings, Jefferson County - 2 Updates

* Leucistic House Finch - backyard in Castle Rock - 1 Update

Lark Buntings, Jefferson County

Paula Hansley <plhansley...>: Apr 16 02:22PM -0600

CObirders,
I’m driving north on Indiana Street just north of
72 nd Avenue and west of Standley Lake.
Three male Lark Buntings just flew right in front of my car! No
way to
take a picture, lots of traffic, but no doubt as to
identification.
Very windy.
Paula
Boulder County
Paula Hansley
Petrographic Consultants International, Inc.
Ph: 720-890-2628

Paula Hansley <plhansley...>: Apr 16 03:33PM -0600

I’d like to mention that the birds were blown right in front of
my
windshield. I nearly hit them. I could easily tell that they
weren’t
Bobolinks.
Paula
Paula Hansley
Petrographic Consultants International, Inc.
Ph: 720-890-2628

Back to top Leucistic House Finch - backyard in Castle Rock

Chip Dawes <chipdawes...>: Apr 16 01:57PM -0600

I noticed this leucistic house finch in my back yard in Castle
Rock this
spring. While mostly white, it is not Albino since it has color in
the eye
and bill. Does anyone have insight into how common this condition
is in
birds?
Best Regards,
Chip Dawes

Back to top

You received this digest because you're subscribed to updates for
this group. You can change your settings on the group membership
page.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it
send an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>

* All posts should be signed with the poster's full name and city.
Include bird species and location in the subject line when
appropriate.
* Join Colorado Field Ornithologists https://cobirds.org/membership/
Groups "Colorado Birds" group.
an email to cobirds+<unsubscribe...>