Date: 4/17/24 6:24 am
From: Barbara Brosnan <bbrosnan...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Sandhill Cranes
Thanks. Will do.
Barbara Brosnan

-----Original Message-----
From: Vermont Birds <VTBIRD...> On Behalf Of Richard Littauer
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2024 5:00 PM
To: <VTBIRD...>

What a great bird to see so frequently! I wish I saw more of them here in Montpelier.

Sandhill Cranes aren't considered rare in Addison County from April through October. Reporting it on eBird won't cause it to be sent out in the Rare Bird Alerts. But it's still great to submit a checklist with your observations of them, whenever you would like to. Don't feel pressure to post if you don't carry a phone with you; but, collectively, all of the data helps inform us of bird populations throughout the year. Also, submitting a complete checklist - with all of the birds you saw during a specified time frame - is more valuable than an incidental checklist, as it'll give us information on all of the birds you didn't see, too; so if you see a crane, stopping for five minutes to count all of the birds during that five minutes and logging them would be really helpful.

I hope you continue to see them!

Best,

--
Richard Littauer | burntfen.com <http://www.burntfen.com> | socials: