Date: 4/16/24 4:15 am
From: C. S. Wood via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Re: Question about juncos
I can’t say if lingering juncos and white-throats have become more
prevalent in recent years, maybe Paul Desjardins has some records, but
note that both species nest in (at least northern) Connecticut and more
commonly throughout New England. Both are short-distance migrants so
they don’t have far to go to get to breeding grounds. And of course,
migrants are moving through.

Chris

Chris Wood
President - Connecticut Ornithological Association
Woodbury, CT
[1]203 558-0654

On Apr 15, 2024, at 6:00 PM, Liz via CTBirds
<ctbirds...> wrote:

I have had one rose breasted grosbeak in my yard for the past three
days.
I too have noticed a larger number of both juncos and white throated
sparrows still hanging around my feeders. It seems late to me for them
to still be here.
Liz Skinski
Southbury