Date: 4/15/24 3:44 pm
From: Brian Rusnica <velocicrafter...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] M 4/15 - Backyard raptor migration (Townsend, MA)
Howdy folks,

I had a great afternoon watching raptors migrate from my back porch in
Townsend, MA. Right around 1:30pm I happened to catch the lead bird in a
stream of five Broad-winged Hawks. That led me to spend the rest of the
afternoon looking up between meetings, and I had some great results!

Migrants:
Broad-winged Hawk 28 (all adults!)
Osprey 3
Northern Harrier 2 (including one Adult M "Gray Ghost")
Sharp-shinned Hawk 2
Red-tailed Hawk 1

Non-migrants:
Red-tailed Hawk 4 (locals performing display flights)
Turkey Vulture 3
Red-shouldered Hawk 1 (neighborhood bird, heard only).

eBird list with some very distant images:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S168811389

Hope our hawkwatch sites had similar luck in today's great conditions!

Regards,

Brian Rusnica
President, Eastern Mass Hawk Watch
Townsend, MA