Date: 4/15/24 3:28 pm
From: Karyn Delaney <delaneykaryn...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird -- Linbrook Park -- Apr 15, 2024
Subject: Allegheny County - eBird -- Linbrook Park -- Apr 15, 2024

We went for a short walk along Big Sewickley Creek in Linbrook Park this
afternoon. There is a lot of water damage with one bridge closed. Some of
the blooming Trout Lily and Spring Beauty has taken a toll, but the other
wildflowers are doing well. We were hoping to see FOY Blue-gray
Gnatcatchers and perhaps a Louisiana Waterthrush, and were rewarded with
both! The Waterthrush walked along the opposite side of the stream for
over 15 minutes giving us wonderful looks. Af the end of our walk, I heard
the sounds of a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and found it feeding in a flowering
tree. Three Phoebes have returned again this year.

Karyn & Ray Delaney

Linbrook Park
Apr 15, 2024
3:18 PM